naa er jeg tilbake i bangkok - turen hit gikk faktisk veldig bra! delte bakerste rad i bussen med en fyr fra Australia, saa vi hadde god plass i hvert vaart hj'orne:) sov nesten hele veien! ankom Bangkok ca halv 5 imorrest. tusla bort til kao san rd, fant et "hotell" for 170 baht pr natt (jepp - 34kr). skikkelig typisk det man ser for seg at hotell i bangkok ser ut - suuuupertynne vegger, og bare myggnett de 20 'overste cm.. det er utrolig lytt og saannt, men det fungerte fint for noen timer:) tror jeg skal finne meg et annet et for ikveld, da, selv om jeg har betalt til imorgen.. vaakna i 9tiden av masse braak fra gata, songkran h'ortes veldig ut som 17mai der en liten halvtime. kom ut akkurat for sent for aa faa med meg hva som foregikk... alle lader skikkelig opp naa - vannpistoler til salgs overalt, store fat med vann i veikanten, folk som selger 'ol og brus og alt mulig paa veikanten. dette kan de:P vi faar se hvordan det gaar! vurderer aa kj'ope et vannfast engangskamera - tar ikke noen sjanser med et ordentlig kamera..
har lagt ut flere bilder fra Koh Tao naa! venter paa flere fra Tine (hun tok med kamera ut paa dykkebaaten, blant annet) og noen fra Bj'orn ogsaa... det kommer med tiden til hjelp!
naa skal jeg finne meg frokost!
bye for now!
Friday, April 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Donia! Good to hear from you! I was too busy yesterday and didn't have time to check your blog. Sorry it rained on you your last day in Koh Tao. But I don't understand what you mean by saying you didn't get a tan. That's not what it looks like in the pictures! You look like you have a very nice tan.
I hope it isn't raining in Bangkok in addition to this water war! I saw that on TV once. Quite a coincidence that you should be there for that festival. So are you still with friends or are you on your own now? When do you fly to Singapore? Will you spend a day in Singapore, or do you go straight to the airport?
Hope all goes well these last few days and you have a safe trip home.
Daddy won't come home until Saturday morning. He's taking the Hurtigruta from Molde to Trondheim tonight with the people from Opplæringskontoret. It will be a tough weekend for him since he has to go back on Sunday. But he'll be driving with Brock, luckily, and they share the driving.
Only three more weeks of teaching left for me to go. I'm going to a seminar in Graz, June 4-5. I'll probably go a couple of days earlier. I may take a trip to Salzburg/Bogenhofen if Kay decides to meet me there. It's 40 years since we graduated from Bogenhofen.
Yesterday I booked tickets for Daddy and me to go to Nice, June 14-returning June 29. I will attend a workshop in the heart of Provence the first week, then we hope to rent a car and vacation in Nice and Marseille for a few days. It should be fun. I got us a small apartment near the place where the workshop will be held. It was actually cheaper than staying in the chateu where the course is. I was also pretty fortunate with the plane tickets, Trondheim-Nice for 2400 kr. It costs more than that to fly to Evenes. Daddy was considering flying up around the 1st of May to tile the bathroom floor in Bø, but he gave up the idea when he found that it would cost more than 3000 kr to fly there.
That's all the news for now. Thank you so much for keeping us updated on what's happening there! I'm glad you've had such a good time. I'm sure this is an unforgettable experience for you. And you've documented it very well. But there are sooo few pictures of you!
Love you so much,
Mama
oooh!! Lovely dogs:o) Kan du ta med en hjem til meg? hva er egentlig Songkran???
Post a Comment